Monday, May 10, 2010

Frank Frazetta R.I.P.

Frank Frazetta
February 9, 1928 - May 10,2010
R.I.P.


I first remember seeing Frank Frazettas artwork on a paperback copy of Robert E. Howard's Conan the Conqueror at my local library as a kid. I begged my mom to buy a Molly Hatchet tape at a garage sale after seeing his fantastic art on the cover. Over the years Frazetta art has been with me. From seeing the airbrushed vans in my youth, to amassing much of his collected books in adulthood; i know only now how many of us with the same sentimentality have been impacted by this man's legacy, a huge inspiration to generations of visual artists and fantastic appreciators. Although a sad day in death's mourning, the vitality of his painting will continue to blaze a trail for generations of admirers to follow. Frank Frazetta, R.I.P.

-Eric "Rot" Engelmann

No comments:

Post a Comment